Marketing Your Website Online
Your website is only as good as usefull as its ability to be found. Here are some techniques for marketing your website online.
>> Free Methods
>> Paid Ads
Here are some free things you can do to get your website out there...
If you are not an active forum poster, then you are missing out on a huge amount of free traffic from your forum signature, everyday 10's of thousands of eyes could read your signature recommending your Home Based Business website, this is a fantastic way to get free traffic. Sign up to forums like talkgold.com/forum, thehyipforum.com, sitepoint.com/forum, webhostingtalk.com, etc. etc. etc. Another way to find forums with high traffic is to go to big-boards.com and search for forums by topic
Most of you probably send out multiple emails daily to friends, family, colleagues and those people who you've never even met. Most email clients allow you to have a signature that is placed at the bottom of each of your emails. You can simple put a link to your Home Based Business website in these signatures. Try it out and watch how many sales you get!.
Posting on Forums, Blogs, Bulletin Boards, and Newsgroups
Spamming is not allowed but some of these sites have specific sections where they allow advertising to be posted. Take advantage of these!
Search Engine Optimization
First, it is free. You do not have to pay for the traffic other than your time you put into it.
Second, significantly more traffic comes from the regular search results compared to the paid results. I do not know the numbers but would assume it is from 5 to 10 times the traffic.
That means if you get good rankings for just a few keywords, the traffic can be staggering. And it is all free.
That point is worth repeating, billions of web searches are done daily by people looking for information. If you become good at this you can tap into as much of that billions of daily traffic for free.
Third, is is a valuable skill to have. Once you "see the matrix" then you naturally do the right things with everything you do that help your search engine rankings. (If you are like me who doesn't have a clue then you never know what to do and your sites never get ranked well.)
It also means that you can take this skill anywhere and put it to use. Creating affiliate income sites, adsense income sites, lead generation sites, or even consulting for other sites and be paid huge monthly retainers.
Read the Rules for Search Engine Optimisation here.
Fireworks guarantee to get you listed on the first page of Google. Read more about our Google Optimisation Service here.
Being on the first page of Google (in the natural / organic listing on the left hand side) depends on how well your website is optimised for search engines. Become an expert and read all our rules for Search Engine Optimisation here.
Fireworks can setup and manage your Pay Per Click Advertising
Campaign for $15/month.
Call us on 1300 880 648
or email us on
Advertising is one easiest ways to get targeted traffic to your website. The deluge of visitors that arrive at your site through paid advertising channels may purchase a product, browse around your website, or perhaps subscribe to a newsletter or feed.
Some will also bookmark your website online for future visits, share it through social media websites or recommend it to friends.
While advertising isn’t an end-all solution for increasing your site income or audience size, it can definitely create more mind-share and brand exposure. Here are a collection of ways to market your website to relevant audiences.
8 Types of Paid Advertising Models for Your Website
Note that these are paid advertising channels and are not free promotional methods. I’ve included a brief comment on each advertising model, based on my personal experience and knowledge about them.
1. Pay-per-Click Advertising. Very targeted traffic from search engines. Excellent if you are promoting affiliate programs or building an email list through landing pages. Great if you are selling products on your website as well.
Site-targeted advertising is very useful as well. PPC might not be necessary if you are primarily running a content website and already rank well for multiple relevant keywords.
2. Ezine or Newsletter advertising. Traffic is especially targeted if you can arrange for a personal recommendation within the newsletter/ezine by the owner. It can be hard to discern the value of the subscriber base so initially run test ads for short periods of time. Might not be useful to promote the same website several times on the same list as the members are largely the same.
3. Banner Advertising. Depending on the placement, banner ads are great for branding purposes. In my opinion, click through rates and traffic is strongly related to banner design, tagline and the relevance of the site you are advertising on.
4. Feed-based Advertising. From what I’ve heard from others, it’s slightly more difficult to measure Feed advertising’s ROI. Poor click through rates are usually the case for feed advertising although it can serve as branding scheme if one advertises on a site with a large subscriber base. There are various feed advertising networks which can help you to buy ad space on specific feeds.
5. Paid Reviews on Blogs. It’s important to pick quality bloggers with a decent amount of integrity, trust, reach and authority. I would also recommend choosing a blogger that doesn’t do paid reviews very often in order to maximize the mental attention directed towards each review.
The more objective the review, the better. Undisclosed reviews will generally work better but it is difficult to find high quality bloggers that don’t disclose.
6. Text Link Advertising. Useful because it can provide you with some SEO benefits. I would pick a high traffic site over one with a high PageRank anytime. Design your anchor text to encourage click throughs and ensure that your link is placed in a visible location and not somewhere like the footer.
It’s usually better and cheaper to contact websites directly to inquire if they sell text links, instead of using a network.
7. Contests. This is not technically a form of paid advertising but can be considered so when you offer a substantial cash prize or product to generate buzz, links, traffic and new member signups. Marketing contests can also held whereby the winners will be determined according to the amount of traffic referred to your site.
8. Paid Syndication. This involves a sponsorship of a website, whereby your content will be syndicated and integrated into the framework of the site in question. Techmeme is an example of a meme tracker that offers paid syndication and displays sponsor posts on its sidebar and in-between regular content.
What’s the Best Way to Find Websites to Advertise On?
While you can easily find relevant websites through third party ad networks, I highly recommend using the following method instead because it will guarantee higher referral traffic and greater brand exposure.
1. Make a list of the search terms/keywords relevant to your website’s
2. Enter these keywords into search engines like Google and Yahoo
3. The best websites to advertise on are within the Top 30 search results
4. Contact each of these websites and inquire about advertising
Getting links from these related websites has the added benefit of improving your own search engine rankings, not to mention that you’ll save a considerable amount of money.
For example, Dosh Dosh ranks well for several money related keywords and as a result, I often receive emails from affiliate marketers and webmasters who want to promote their product or website by .
It’s a smart move after all. Why struggle to rank well on search engines when you can rent a prime spot from an authority site that already does that for you?
Keep this point in mind when purchasing advertising for your website: Try to pick sites that are already ranking for all keywords that are relevant to your site.
Pay Per Click Advertising
Generating sales for your company from the Internet requires two things:
1) driving people who are interested in what you sell to your website and
2) converting as many of those people into paying customers.
Millions of people use Google and Yahoo each day to search for information, research something they are interesting in or to purchase something. This search process entails typing into Google a 'keyword phrase' of what the person is looking for. A keyword phrase can be a single word such as 'mortgage' or it can be a multi-word phrase such as 'refinance mortgage Sydney'.
With PPC advertising you can have an ad display for ANY KEYWORD PHRASE you want. And unlike traditional magazine advertising, where only a small percentage of the total readership will be interested in what you sell, with PPC advertising you decide exactly who sees your advertisement and who doesn't. And this means that you maximise your return on your advertising spend.
Where Do My Ads Appear?
When somebody conducts a search on Google (or Yahoo) there are two types of search results: the free listings, in the centre of the page, and the sponsored links, on the right hand side of the page (and sometimes above the free listings). With PPC advertising, you ad is displayed in the sponsored links section of the results (see below). To get your website into the free listings you will need search engine optimisation.
Why Should I Use Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising?
With PPC advertising you don't pay for having your advertisement displayed on Google, but you do pay each time somebody clicks on your ad (hence the term 'pay-per-click).
And although it may seem an expensive method of advertising, in actual fact it is one of the most cost-effective methods of advertising available both online and offline because you are only paying for people to visit your site who are INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU SELL.
With PPC advertising you can also track the individual results of each keyword phrase you're advertising on, which means you can identify which keywords are producing the best results and which are producing no results. Then, by stopping advertising on non-performing keywords and increasing advertising on performing keywords you will gain maximum return on investment.
How Much Will I Pay To Advertise My Business on Google & Yahoo?
Pay-per-click advertising works like an auction system, where the advertiser that bids the most for a particular word gets the top position.
Because there are only 8 positions available on the first page of the search engines for any particular keyword phrase, bidding can become quite fierce, especially for keyword phrases that produce substantial profits for advertisers.
PPC advertising can cost anywhere between 5c per click for less competitive keywords, to as much as $25 per click or more for highly competitive, very profitable keywords such as 'refinance mortgage'.
Other factors which will contribute to how much you pay per click include:
What product or service you sell - the more businesses there are competing for the same keyword phrase the more you will have to pay per click, especially if the potential profit of a sale is in the hundreds, or thousands, of dollars.
How much profit you earn per sale - with PPC advertising you can track exactly how much it costs you to bring in a new customer. The amount you can afford to pay to bring in a new customer must be less than the profit you make per customer.
How effective your landing page is - when somebody clicks on your ad they are taken to a page on your site (this is called the 'landing page'). The only focus of that page is to convert that website visitor into a sale or lead for your business. The better your landing page converts, the more you can afford to pay per click.
With pay-per-click advertising, the most profits are made by those advertisers that have the highest converting online marketing strategy because the less website visitors it takes for you to make a sale, the more you can afford to pay per click.
Please give us the opportunity to provide a quotation for your project.
Email: or Call us 1300 880 648